MSWC : Master of Social Work( Counselling)
About This Programme:
Masters in Social Work (Counselling) would provide both academic learning and professional education and training in Counselling, extending beyond theoretical knowledge. This programme is tailored to suit counselors working in a wide range of organizational and community contexts as well as individuals in a family. With the fast changing social scenario, the problems being faced by people across the board are numerous. Unlike in the western world, Counselling services are very inadequate in India. There is a growing demand for counselors in schools, corporate sector, health care setting, social and welfare sectors, correctional settings etc. However, schools/universities where Counselling course/ programme are taught in India are very few. There is a good potential for employment in government as well as NGO sectors.
Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University.
Rs. 36,000/- for full programme
Minimum 2 years and Maximum 5 years; offered in both January and July cycle of admission.
Medium of Instruction:
English and Hindi
- MSW 1 – Origin and Development of Social Work
- MSW 2 – Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives
- MSW 5 – Social Work Practicum and Supervision
- MSW 8 – Social Group Work: Working with Groups
- MSW 9 – Community Organisation Management for Community Development
- MSWL 46 – Social Work Practicum-I
- MSWL 47 – Block Placement
- MSW 12 – Introduction to Life Characteristics and Challenges
- MSW 13 – Introduction to Psychological Basis of Counselling
- MSW 14 – Relevance of Social Case Work in Counselling
- MSW 15 – Basics of Counselling
- MSW 16 – Fields of Counselling
- MSWL 48 – Social Work Practicum-II
- MSWL 49 – Internship