MGPS : MASTER OF ARTS (GANDHI AND PEACE STUDIES)
About This Programme:
- To provide opportunities of higher studies to the learners
- To provide quality education at post-graduate level in theoretical and applied Gandhian & Studies Peace. Conflict Management and Social Regeneration
- To provide an in-depth knowledge in the area of Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution and enable the learners to specialize in one of the Gandhian models of development.
- To provide the learners the opportunities of continuing higher education at the M.Phil/Ph.D. level.
- To widen the scope of the learners for further research, training and career opportunities in economic, social, gender, political, environmental and sustainable development issues.
- To enable the learners to join careers in teaching research, NGOs in Peace making and Peace building
Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University
Rs. 10,800/- for full programme
Minimum 2 years and Maximum 5 years; offered in both January and July cycle of admission.
Medium of Instruction:
English and Hindi
- MGP 1 – Gandhi: The Man and His Times
- MGP 2 – Philosophy of Gandhi
- MGP 3 – Gandhi’s Social Thought
- MGP 4 – Gandhi’s Political Thought
- MGPE 6 – Gandhi’s Economic Thought
- MGPE 7 – Non-violent Movements after Gandhi
- MGPE 9 – Gandhi in the 21st Century
- MGPE 14 – Gandhi, Ecology and Sustainable Development
- MGP 5 – Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution
- MGPE 8 – Gandhi Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolutions
- MGPE 10 – Conflict Management, Transformation and Peace Building
- MGPE 11 – Human Security
- MGPE 12 – Women and Peace
- MGPE 13 – Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict
- MGPE 15 – Introduction to Research Methods
- MGPE 16 – Human Rights: Indian Perspective
- MGPE 17 – Project Work