MCA IGNOU Master of Computer Application Program Check full details of eligibility, fee structure, payment method, syllabus and download hall ticket and solved assignment.
MCA IGNOU Program Detailed Information
Indira Gandhi National Open University has launched the Masters of Computer Applications Course. The School of Computer and Information Sciences develops and delivers the course. The program offers the candidates earn more superiority in mathematical, computing, communications, and networking areas. The course is with the latest trends in computer applications.
The program aims to prepare candidates for a productive career in the software industry. Course even aims to train the candidates in areas of teaching and research so that they can contribute in them. This Master’s Degree Programme has been designed with a semester approach.
The first-year course aims at skills development in computers using various technologies, the second year is more focused on core courses providing a conceptual framework with the specialization and the project work.
Short Summary of IGNOU Master of Computer Application Course
|Name of University||The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Name of Programmes||Master of Computer Application (MCA)|
|MCA IGNOU Course Duration||Minimum: 2 years | Maximum: 5 years|
Both in the January and July session.
|MCA IGNOU Medium of Instruction||Hindi & English|
|MCA IGNOU Program Mode||Open Distance Learning|
|Programme Co-Ordinator(s)||Dr. Akshay Kumar|
|IGNOU Official Website||www.ignou.ac.in|
MCA IGNOU (Master of Computer Application) Eligibility Criteria
- Passed BCA/B.Sc (Computer Science/IT)/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- Obtained atleast 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
- (i) Any Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 (three) year duration from a recognized University AND Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or graduation level
- (ii) Obtained atleast 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category).
- Successfully completed PGDCA of IGNOU
IGNOU MCA Fees Structure
|No.||IGNOU Master of Application Fees Structure||Amount|
|1.||Total Fee||Rs. 48,000/-|
|2.||Fee Per semester||Rs. 12,000/-|
|3.||Registration Fees||Rs. 200/-|
Read Also :-
- IGNOU MCA (Master of Computer Application) Assignment Download Solved Pdf
- IGNOU Syllabus 2022 Latest and Revised Exam Pattern
- IGNOU Guess Paper Download Here
IGNOU (Master of Computer Application) Syllabus Details
IGNOU Master of Computer Application 1st Year Syllabus Details
- MCS 11 – Problem Solving and Programming
- MCS 12 – Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
- MCS 13 – Discrete Mathematics
- MCS 14 – Systems Analysis and Design
- MCS 15 – Communication Skills
- MCSL 16 – Internet Concepts and Web Design
- MCSL 17 – C and Assembly Language Programming Lab
- MCS 21 – Data and File Structures
- MCS 22 – Operating System Concepts and Networking Management
- MCS 23 – Introduction to Database Management Systems
- MCS 24 – Object Oriented Technologies and Java Programming
- MCSL 25 – Lab (based on MCS21, MCS22, MCS23 and MCS24)
IGNOU Master of Computer Application 2nd Year Syllabus Details
- MCS 31 – Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- MCS 32 – Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- MCS 33 – Advanced Discrete Mathematics
- MCS 34 – Software Engineering
- MCS 35 – Accountancy and Financial Management
- MCSL 36 – Lab (based on MCS32, MCS34 and MCS35)
- MCS 41 – Operating Systems
- MCS 42 – Data Communication and Computer Networks
- MCS 43 – Advanced Database Management Systems
- MCS 44 – Mini Project
- MCSL 45 – Lab (UNIX and Oracle)
- MCS 51 – Advanced Internet Technologies
- MCS 52 – Principles of Management and Information Systems
- MCS 53 – Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- MCSL 54 – Lab (based on MCS 51 and MCS 53)
- Elective Courses
- MCSE 3 – Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- MCSE 4 – Numerical and Statistical Computing
- MCSE 11 – Parallel Computing
- MCSP 60 – Project
Related to IGNOU Master in Computer Application – Need Help?
Has the candidate to appear in an entrance test for admission to MCA of IGNOU
No, there is no entrance test for admission to MCA of IGNOU
What is the age criteria for admission to MCA of IGNOU
There are no age criteria for admission to MCA of IGNOU.
What kind of jobs can a candidate get after completing MCA from IGNOU
The candidate can get jobs in the following areas after completing MCA from IGNOU.
Cyber Security Officer
From where can a candidate download the course books of IGNOU online
The candidate can download the study from the IGNOU portal like eGyanKosh.
What is the minimum duration of the MCA course of IGNOU
The minimum duration is of 2 years for the MCA course from IGNOU.