BSCG IGNOU Check full details of syllabus, eligibility, fee structure, payment method, syllabus and check B.Sc. exam date and download BSC hall ticket and solved assignment.
IGNOU B.Sc Program Detailed Information
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers B.Sc. course, to the candidates who wish to complete their graduation in the science stream. It offers an option to the candidates who want to make their career in either science or research. It offers the candidate to gain knowledge both of theory as well practical as is the demand of the course.
The course seeks at all-round development of candidate keeping the latest demand of industry at the priority. IGNOU offers the option of specializations in either of the seven subjects. The subjects of specializations are Botany, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology. The candidates have to choose either of the three subjects of their choice.
Key Point of IGNOU BSCG Program
|Name of University:||The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Name of Programmes:||BSCG – Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)|
|IGNOU BSC Course Duration:||Minimum: 3 years | Maximum: 6 years|
Both in the January and July session.
|IGNOU BSC Medium of Instruction:||English & Hindi|
|B.Sc IGNOU Programme Mode:||Open Distance Learning|
|Programme Co-Ordinator(s):||Prof. Pharat Inder Fozdar | firstname.lastname@example.org|
|IGNOU Official Website:||www.ignou.ac.in|
IGNOU BSC Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Any candidate who has passed his Class 12th with science subjects or its equivalent.
IGNOU BSC Course Fee Structure 2022
|No.||IGNOU B.Sc. Fees Structure||Amount|
|1.||Total Fee||Rs. 15,300/-|
|2.||Fee Per year||Rs. 5100/-|
|3.||Registration Fee||Rs. 200/-|
IGNOU B.Sc. Fee Payment Method
IGNOU Fees for the BSCG course of can be done both by offline and online mode. The details are as under:
|IGNOU BSC Admission Fee Payment Method||The payment can be made by :|
|Through Offline Mode||Demand Draft (DD)|
|Through Online Mode||Debit/ Credit Card|
IGNOU BSC Syllabus 2022
IGNOU BSCG 1st Semester Syllabus
- BBYCT 131 – Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniate)
- BBYCL 132 – Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniate): Laboratory
- BCHCT 131 – Atomic Structure, Bonding, General Organic Chemistry and Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
- BCHCL 132 – Atomic Structure, Bonding, General Organic
- Chemistry and Aliphatic Hydrocarbons : Laboratory
- BGGCT 131 – Physical Geography
- BGYCT 131 – Physical and Structural Geology
- BGYCL 132 – Physical and Structural Geology: Laboratory
- BMTC 131 – Calculus
- BPHCT 131 – Mechanics
- BPHCL 132 – Mechanics: Laboratory
- BZYCT 131 – Animal Diversity
- BZYCL 132 – Animal Diversity: Laboratory
- BEVAE 181 – Environmental Studies
IGNOU BSCG 2nd Semester Syllabus
- BBYCT 133 – Plant Ecology and Taxonomy
- BBYCL 134 – Plant Ecology and Taxonomy: Laboratory
- BCHCT 133 – Chemical Energetics, Equilibria and Functional Group Organic Chemistry-I
- BCHCL 134 – Chemical Energetics, Equilibria and Functional Group Organic Chemistry-I : Laboratory
- BGGCT 132 – Human Geography
- BGYCT 133 – Crystallography, Mineralogy and Economic Geology
- BGYCL 134 – Crystallography, Mineralogy and Economic Geology : Laboratory
- BMTC 132 – Differential Equations
- BPHCT 133 – Electricity and Magnetism
- BPHCL 134 – Electricity and Magnetism: Laboratory
- BZYCT 133 – Comparative Anatomy and Developmental Biology of Vertebrates
- BZYCL 134 – Comparative Anatomy and Developmental Biology of Vertebrates: Laboratory
- BEGAE 182 – English Communication Skills
- BHDAE 182 – हिंदी भाषा और सम्प्रेषण
IGNOU BSC 3rd Semester Syllabus
- BBYCT 135 – Plant Anatomy and Embryology
- BBYCL 136 – Plant Anatomy and Embryology: Laboratory
- BCHCT 135 – Solutions, Phase equilibrium, Conductance, Electrochemistry and Functional Group Organic Chemistry-II
- BCHCL 136 – Solutions, Phase equilibrium, Conductance, Electrochemistry and Functional Group Organic Chemistry-II : Laboratory
- BGGCT 133 – General Cartography
- BGGCL 134 – General Cartography: Laboratory
- BGYCT 135 – Petrology
- BGYCL 136 – Petrology: Laboratory
- BMTC 133 – Real Analysis
- BPHCT 135 – Thermal Physics and Statistical Mechanics
- BPHCL 136 – Thermal Physics and Statistical Mechanics: Laboratory
- BZYCT 135 – Physiology and Biochemistry
- BZYCL 136 – Physiology and Biochemistry: Laboratory
- BGGSL 191 – Field Survey Methods: Laboratory
- BANS 183 – Tourism Anthropology
- BPCS 183 – Emotional Intelligence
- BPCS 185 – Developing Emotional Competence
- BEGS 183 – Writing and Study Skills
- BHDS 183 – अनुवाद सिद्धांत और प्रविधि
- BCOS 183 – Computer Application in Business
IGNOU BSCG 4th Semester Syllabus
- BBYCT 137 – Plant Physiology and Metabolism
- BBYCL 138 – Plant Physiology and Metabolism: Laboratory
- BCHCT 137 – Coordination Chemistry, States of Matter and Chemical Kinetics
- BCHCL 138 – Coordination Chemistry, States of Matter and Chemical Kinetics : Laboratory
- BGGCT 135 – Environmental Geography
- BGYCT 137 – Stratigraphy and Paleontology
- BGYCL 138 – Stratigraphy and Paleontology: Laboratory
- BMTC 134 – Algebra
- BPHCT 137 – Wave and Optics
- BPHCL 138 – Wave and Optics: Laboratory
- BZYCT 137 – Genetics and Evolutionary Biology
- BZYCL 138 – Genetics and Evolutionary Biology: Laboratory
- BGGSL 192 – Remote Sensing and GPS: Laboratory
- BANS 184 – Public Health and Epidemiology
- BECS 184 – Data Analysis
- BPAS 184 – Logistics Management
- BPCS 186 – Managing Stress
- BSOS 184 – Techniques of Ethnographic Film Making
- BHDS 184 – रेडियो लेखन
IGNOU BSC 4th Semester Syllabus
- BBYET 141 – Cell and Molecular Biology
- BBYEL 142 – Cell and Molecular Biology: Laboratory
- BGGET 141 – Geography of India
- BGYET 141 – Ore Geology and Industrial Minerals
- BGYEL 142 – Ore Geology and Industrial Minerals: Laboratory
- BMTE 141 – Linear Algebra
- BPHET 141 – Elements of Modern Physics
- BPHEL 142 – Elements of Modern Physics: Laboratory
- BZYET 141 – Immunology
- BZYEL 142 – Immunology: Laboratory
- BCHET 149 – Molecules of Life
- BCHEL 150 – Molecules of Life : Laboratory
- BGGSL 193 – Geographical Information System: Laboratory
- BSOS 185 – Society through the Visual
- BEGS 185 – English Language Teaching
- BHDS 185 – Television Lekhan
IGNOU BSCG 6th Semester Syllabus
- BBYET 143 – Economic Botany and Biotechnology
- BBYEL 144 – Economic Botany and Biotechnology: Laboratory
- BGGET 142 – Economic Geography
- BGYET 147 – Geomorphology and Geotectonics
- BGYEL 148 – Geomorphology and Geotectonics: Laboratory
- BMTE 144 – Numerical Analysis
- BPHET 143 – Digital and Analog Circuits and Instrumentation
- BPHEL 144 – Digital and Analog Circuits and Instrumentation: Laboratory
- BZYET 143 – Insect Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases
- BZYEL 144 – Insect Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases: Laboratory
- BCHET 149 – Molecules of Life
- BCHEL 150 – Molecules of Life : Laboratory
- BCHET 147 – Organometallics, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Polynuclear Hyderocarbons and UV, IR Spectroscopy
- BCHEL 148 – Organometallics, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Polynuclear Hydrocarbons and UV, IR Spectroscopy : Laboratory
- BCHET 141 – Analytical Methods in Chemistry
- BCHEL 142 – Analytical Methods in Chemistry : Laboratory
- BGGSL 194 – Techniques in Regional Development Planning: Laboratory
- BPAS 186 – Stress and Time Management
- BPCS 188 – Application of Social Psychology
- BEGS 186 – Business Communication
- BHDS 186 – समाचार सकलन और लेखन
IGNOU BSC Course – FAQ
Q1. What are the minimum and maximum duration of the IGNOU B.Sc. Course?
Ans: The minimum duration is years and the maximum is 6 years.
Q2. Is it necessary to attend the Laboratory sessions?
Ans: Yes, it is necessary to attend all the Laboratory sessions.
Q 3. Is it possible to pursue IGNOU BSCG course along with a job?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to pursue a course along with your job.
Q 4. Can the IGNOU BSCG help me to get a job as a Lab Assistant?
Ans: Candidates can do the job as a technical assistant, lab technologist, experimental scientist.
Q 5. What is the specialty of IGNOU B.Sc course?
Ans: It’s best suited for the students who want to study pursue further studies and a doctoral degree.
Q 6. Who can opt for mathematics?
Ans: Candidates who have opted for Maths in class 10+2 should opt for the subject.
Q 7. Who can opt for IGNOU BSC course?
Ans: Any candidate who has passed Class 10+2 with science subjects or its equivalent.
Q 8. How many Credits need to be earned during the first year from Elective Courses of IGNOU BSC?
Ans: 16 Credits need to be earned during the first year from the Elective Course.
Q 9. In how many subjects does the IGNOU BSCG course offer specialization?
Ans: IGNOU BSCG offers specializations in seven subjects.
Q 10. Is it necessary to opt for the laboratory subject in IGNOU BSCG course?
Ans: Yes, it is necessary to opt for the Laboratory subject.