PGDESD : POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENTAL AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
About This Programme:
Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development has been developed by the School of Sciences, IGNOU in collaboration with the South Asia Foundation Learning Initiative (SAFLI) and other Open Universities of the SAARC region, namely, Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL), Bangladesh Open University (BOU), Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU), Pakistan, B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), Hyderabad and BRAC University, Bangladesh. The objectives of the programme are to: 1)Disseminate information and exchange knowledge and experiences gained in the pursuit of the goal of sustainable development. 2)Strengthen regional co-operation in the environmental capacity building especially in the area of environmental management.
Graduate from a recognized University/Institution
Rs. 7,000/- for full programme.
Minimum 1 years and Maximum 2 years; offered in both January and July cycle of admission.
Medium of Instruction:
|Dr. Subhakanta Mohapatra, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph. 011-29571680 Dr. Kakoli Gogoi, email@example.com,Ph. 011-29571679 firstname.lastname@example.org|
- MED 1 – Understanding the Environment
- MED 2 – Sustainable Development: Issues and Challenges
- MED 3 – Energy and Environment
- MED 4 – Towards Participatory Management
- MED 5 – Integrated Environment Management: Urban and Rural
- MED 6 – Natural Resource Management: Physical and Biotic
- MED 7 – Agriculture and Environment
- MED 8 – Globalisation and Environment