PG CERTIFICATE IN GEOINFORMATICS
About This Programme:
The School of Sciences has developed the Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Geoinformatics (PGCGI) with the help of several eminent experts across India drawn from ISRO, DRDO, IIT, C-DAC, DST, IITM and many private and government universities. The PGCGI programme intends to familiarise the learners with basic concepts of geoinformatics and its applications. It is built around concepts and skills at the basic level to make it easy for a learner who wishes to understand how geoinformatics can be put to practical use.
Objectives of the programme are to:
- provide theoretical knowledge and practical exercises in the basics of geoinformation science,
- acquaint the learners with spatial data, their analysis and applications, and
- widen opportunities of learners for higher studies and developing career in different sectors of employment involving geoinformatics.
Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.
Rs.6000/- for full programme
Minimum 2 years and Maximum 5 years; offered in both January and July cycle of admission.
Medium of Instruction:
- MGY 1 – Introduction to Geoinformatics
- MGY 2 – Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation
- MGY 3 – Global Navigation Satellite System and Geographic Information System
- MGYL 4 – Geoinformatics Practical