MSW IGNOU Master of Social Work Check full details of eligibility, fee structure, payment method, syllabus and download hall ticket and solved assignment.
MSW IGNOU Program Detailed Information
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Master of Social Work. It trains candidates in professional courses of social work across the globe and in India. Theory and Practicals are the base of the course.
The course deals with subjects such as Social Sciences, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Public Health, Community Development Law, and Economics. The course aims to make the candidates proficient to solve the problems ranging from community level to philanthropic social work that includes work for the upliftment and development of women and children.
The course deals with the curriculum across the globe and in India. It deals with themes such as globalization, migration, history of social work in India, a theory paper in social work such as globalization, migration, history of social work in India theory paper on social work practicum, and a course on HIV/ AIDS. All these issues are related to present-day areas.
The social work practicum is the compulsory paper in the course. It makes the candidates deal with the practical application of it. They get hands-on training which prepares them to be practically ready for dealing with the situation in the country and outside the country. The course is regularly updated in keeping with the trends of society.
Short Summary of IGNOU Master of Social Work Course
|Name of University||The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Name of Programmes||MSW – Master of Social Work|
|MSW IGNOU Course Duration||Minimum: 2 years | Maximum: 5 years|
Both in the January and July session.
|MSW IGNOU Medium of Instruction||Hindi & English|
|MSW IGNOU Program Mode||Open Distance Learning|
|Programme Co-Ordinator(s)||Dr. Saumya|
email@example.com, Ph. 011-29571696
|IGNOU Official Website||www.ignou.ac.in|
MSW IGNOU Master of Social Work Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Degree in in any discipline from a recognized University.
IGNOU MSW Fees Structure
|No.||IGNOU Master of Social Work Fees Structure||Amount|
|1.||Total Fee||Rs. 36,000/-|
|2.||Fee Per Year||Rs. 18,000/-|
Read Also :-
- IGNOU MSW (Master of Social Work) Assignment Download Solved Pdf
- IGNOU Syllabus 2022 Latest and Revised Exam Pattern
- IGNOU Guess Paper Download Here
IGNOU Master of Social Work Syllabus Details
IGNOU Master of Social Work 1st Year Syllabus (Compulsory Courses):
- MSW 1 – Origin and Development of Social Work
- MSW 2 – Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives
- MSW 5 – Social Work Practicum and Supervision
- Elective Courses (Choose any Two)
- MSW 3 – Basic Social Science Concepts
- MSW 4 – Social Work and Social Development
- MSW 6 – Social Work Research
- MSWE 10 – Social Work in African Context
- MSW 32 – Social Work and Criminal Justice
- Field Work (Compulsory)
- MSWL 13 – Social Work Practicum-I
- MSWL 14 – Block Placement
IGNOU Master of Social Work 2nd Year Syllabus (Compulsory Courses):
- MSW 7 – Case work and Counselling: Working with Individuals
- MSW 8 – Social Group Work: Working with Groups
- MSW 9 – Community Organisation Management for Community Development
- MSW 17 – Contemporary Methods and Values of Social Work
- MSWE 1 – HIV/AIDS: Stigma, Discrimination and Prevention
- MSWE 2 – Women and Child Development
- MSWE 7 – International Social Work
- MSWE 3 – Disaster Management
- MSWP 1 – Dissertation (Project work)
- MSWL 15 – Social Work Practicum-II
- MSWL 16 – Internship
Related to IGNOU MSW Program – Need Help?
If I complete my MSW course from IGNOU, will I get a chance to do research work in social work
If you complete the MSW course from IGNOU, you can work as a research worker in social work.
In which areas a candidate gets admission after completing the MSW course from IGNOU
The areas in which a candidate can get admission after completing the MSW course from IGNOU are:
Old Age Homes
Disaster Management Department
HR Department of Industries
Human Rights Agencies
Gender Issues Associations or Groups
Natural Resources Management Companies
Does the candidate get an experience of practical work in the MSW course from IGNOU
Yes, the candidate gets an experience of practical work in the MSW course from IGNOU
Is there any age criteria for doing the MSW course from IGNOU
No, there are no age criteria for doing the MSW course from IGNOU
What is the scope of the MSW course
The scope of the MSW course is as follows:
• Social Worker
• Humanitarian Values & PMER officer
• Public Welfare Manager
• Project Coordinator
• Assistant Director
• Training Coordinator
• District Consultant
• Research Fellow
• Training Coordinator
Can a candidate who has done MSW from IGNOU apply for the UPSC exam
Yes, the candidate who has done MSW from IGNOU can apply for the UPSC exam.