MSCDFSM IGNOU M.Sc. (Dietetics and Food Service Management) Check full details of eligibility, fee structure, payment method, syllabus and download hall ticket and solved assignment.
MSCDFSM IGNOU Program Detailed Information
Indira Gandhi National Open University is offering a Master of Science (Dietetics and Food Service Management) program. The programme is multidisciplinary. It combines knowledge from disciplines such as Biochemistry, Physiology, Microbiology, Sociology, Biostatistics, Food Science, Management, etc.
The programme has been planned for the people who are interested in becoming dieticians/diet counsellors / nutrition and health communicators.
It aims to help individuals looking for expertise in nutrition and dietetics. These could be food scientists, technologists, technicians, food administrators, health practitioners (medical, para-medical personnel), etc.
It enhances and upgrades the knowledge of individuals, government, and non-government organization functionaries who are involved in institution food administration and health/dietetic care in hospitals/clinics/community settings.
It upgrades the knowledge of graduates or the equivalent from a variety of backgrounds, for example, health care, pharmaceutical, food and drink industries, biochemistry, nutrition, and dietetics.
It enhances the knowledge of government and NGO functionaries involved with community development programmes.
It helps the people interested in setting up their food service units l workers, supervisors, and managers employed in food service units. The peculiar feature of the programme is that it has a provision of exit points for learners in the form of a Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Public Nutrition (PGDDPN) after having completed 30 credit course work and three months internship program (16 credits).
Short Summary of IGNOU MSC DFSM Course
|Name of University||The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Name of Programmes||M.Sc. (Dietetics and Food Service Management)|
|MSC DFSM IGNOU Course Duration||Minimum: 2 years | Maximum: 5 years|
Both in the January and July session.
|MSC DFSM IGNOU Medium of Instruction||English|
|MSC DFSM IGNOU Program Mode||Open Distance Learning|
|Programme Co-Ordinator(s)||Prof. Deeksha Kapur,|
Ph. 011-29536347, 29572960
|IGNOU Official Website||www.ignou.ac.in|
MSCDFSM IGNOU M.Sc DFSM Eligibility Criteria
- Graduates with a B.Sc. (Home-Science) Degree with specialization in Foods and Nutrition and/or Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition. OR
- PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition (DDPHN) or its equivalent can seek direct admission to the programme. OR
- Graduates with a B.Sc.Degree (or the equivalent i.e. MBBS, BHMS) from the following background: Home science/food science and technology, sciences, health care, medical, pharmaceutical, catering would require either the Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education Degree (DNHE) OR the Course “Nutrition for the Community” (CNCC) offered by IGNOU, to be eligible for admission to the M.Sc. (DFSM) programme
IGNOU MSC (DFSM) Fees Structure
|No.||IGNOU M.Sc. (DFSM) Fees Structure||Amount|
|1.||Total Fee||Rs. 32,400/-|
|2.||Fee Per Year||Rs. 16,200/-|
Read Also :-
- IGNOU MARD (Master in Rural Development) Assignment Download Solved Pdf
- IGNOU Syllabus 2022 Latest and Revised Exam Pattern
- IGNOU Guess Paper Download Here
IGNOU M.Sc. (Dietetics and Food Service Management) Syllabus
- MFN 1 – Applied Physiology
- MFN 2
- MFNL 2 – Nutritional Biochemistry
- MFN 3
- MFNL 3 – Food Safety and Food Microbiology
- MFN 4
- MFNL 4 – Advance Nutrition
- MFN 5
- MFNL 5 – Clinical and Therapeutic Nutrition
- MFN 6
- MFNL 6 – Public Nutrition
- MFN 7
- MFNL 7 – Entrepreneurship and Food Service Management
- MFN 8
- MFNL 8 – Principles of Food Science
- MFN 9 – Research Methods and Biostatistics
- MFN 10 – Understanding Computer Applications
- MFNP 11 – Internship Programme
- MFNP 12 – Dissertation
Related to IGNOU MSC (DFSM) Program – Need Help?
How is an evaluation done in MSc (DFSM) course of IGNOU
The evaluation for the M.Sc. (DFSM) covers the following aspects:
a) Continuous evaluation through assignments (Tutor Marked Assignments) (TMAs).
b) Term-end examinations
c) Practical Component (Internal Assessment and Term-end Exam)
d) Dissertation and Internship.
How many assignments do I need to complete if I want to do PGDDPN from IGNOU
A candidate needs to do seven assignments for PGDDPN from IGNOU
What type of job can I get after completing my MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU
The job types that you can get after completing your MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU are:
Food Service Management Faculty/Program Director
As a Dietician
As a Health Care Educator
As a Nutritionists
Restaurant Shift Leader – Food Service Management
Food Service Management Program Director
Area Manager – Healthcare Food Service
Food Service Sales Manager
Food Service Manager
After doing MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU, if I become a dietician, how much average salary can I earn
After doing MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU you can earn an average annual salary of 2.5 lakhs.
What is the medium of instruction for the course MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU
Medium of instruction for MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU is English.
What is the average salary of the candidate who has done an MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU
The average salary of the candidate who has done MSc (DFSM) from IGNOU is 3 to 10 lakhs.