MEC IGNOU Master of Arts (Economics) Check full details of eligibility, fee structure, payment method, syllabus and download hall ticket and solved assignment.
MEC IGNOU Program Detailed Information
Indira Gandhi Open University has launched the programme Master of Arts (Economics). The course is managed by the School of Social Sciences. The course has been designed in such a way that it covers the core courses that are covered in other universities and as well covers the themes of the emerging areas in economics, insurance finance, and public policy.
These subjects have been covered and updated according to the present scenario of economic liberalization and globalisation. IGNOU has seen to include the interdisciplinary studies by adopting and adding courses such as Public Policy and E-Governance. Some aspects that are covered make it easy for the candidate to understand how our small economic activities can affect the whole economic system.
Short Summary of IGNOU MA Economics Course
|Name of University||The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Name of Programmes||Master of Arts (Economics).|
|MEC IGNOU Course Duration||Minimum: 2 years | Maximum: 5 years|
Both in the January and July session.
|MEC IGNOU Medium of Instruction||Hindi & English|
|MEC IGNOU Programme Mode||Open Distance Learning|
|Programme Co-Ordinator(s)||Prof. Saguaro Sen|
[email protected], Ph. 011-29572716
|IGNOU Official Website||www.ignou.ac.in|
MPA IGNOU (Economics) Course Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Degree in in any discipline from a recognized University.
IGNOU MEC Fees Structure
|No.||IGNOU M.A. Economics Fees Structure||Amount|
|1.||Total Fee||Rs. 16,000/-|
|2.||Fee Per Year||Rs. 8,000/-|
|3.||Registration Fees||Rs. 200/-|
Read Also :-
- IGNOU MEC (MA Economics) Assignment Download Solved Pdf
- IGNOU Syllabus 2022 Latest and Revised Exam Pattern
- IGNOU Guess Paper Download Here
IGNOU (Master of Arts Economics) Syllabus Details
IGNOU (Master of Arts) Economics 1st Year Syllabus Details
- MEC 101 – Microeconomic Analysis
- MEC 2 – Macroeconomic Analysis
- MEC 103 – Quantitative Methods
- MEC 4 – Economics of Growth and Development
- MEC 105 – Indian Economic Policy
IGNOU (Master of Arts) Economics 2nd Year Syllabus Details
- MEC 106 – Public Economics
- MEC 7 – International Trade and Finance
- MEC 108 – Economics of Social Sector and Environment
- MEC 109 – Research Methods in Economics
- MECE 1 – Econometric Methods
- MECE 3 – Actuarial Economics: Theory and Practice
- MECE 4 – Financial Institutions and Markets
- MECP 101 – Project Work
- MWG 11 – Women in the Economy
- MGSE 9 – Gender Issues in Work Employment and Productivity
- MEDSE 46 – Development Issues and Perspectives
Related to IGNOU Master of Arts (Economics) – Need Help?
Does a candidate need to know Mathematics for taking admission to MEC IGNOU
The candidate needs to be conversant with basic mathematics covered at the +2 level.
Can I get the study material online for MEC IGNOU
Yes, you can get the study material online of MEC IGNOU
How many times admissions are open for the course MEC IGNOU
The admissions are open two times for the course MEC IGNOU
Is the assignment to be submitted in MEC IGNOU
Yes, the assignment has to be submitted in MEC IGNOU.
How many compulsory and how many optional courses the candidate has to complete in the MEC IGNOU course
The candidate has to cover 9 compulsory and two optional courses in MEC IGNOU. In the first year, he has to complete five compulsory and in the second year four compulsory and two optional courses.
Through which online modes can the fees be paid in IGNOU
The candidate can use either the Debit Card or the Credit Card for the payment of fees in IGNOU.