BSW IGNOU Bachelor of Social Work course Check full details of eligibility, fee structure, payment method, syllabus and download hall ticket and solved assignment.
IGNOU BSW Program Detailed Information
The Bachelor Degree Programme in Social Work (IGNOU) is meant for people who are interested in providing professional assistance to people in need. Persons with professional training/degree in Social Work generally work in socially relevant areas such as health care, community development, education, industry, counselling, family, correction, social defense, women, children, disability etc.
With globalization, market economy and liberalization, new concerns and human problems are emerging which needs to be addressed. This programme will be particularly useful to people employed at middle and lower levels with NGOs. It will also be useful to fresh candidates who may like to work in social and social welfare sectors.
Short Summary of Bachelor of Social Work Course
|Name of University||The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Name of Programmes||Bachelor of Social Work|
|IGNOU BSW Course Duration||Minimum: 3 years | Maximum: 6 years|
Both in the January and July session.
|IGNOU BA (Social Works) Medium of Instruction||English and Hindi|
|IGNOU BA (Social Works) Programme Mode||Open Distance Learning|
|Programme Co-Ordinator(s)||Dr. Sayantani Guin, [email protected],|
|IGNOU Official Website||www.ignou.ac.in|
IGNOU Bachelor of Social Works Eligibility Criteria
10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized Board/ University
IGNOU BWS Fee Structure 2022 Details
|No.||IGNOU BA (Social Works) Fees Structure||Amount|
|1.||Total Fee||Rs. 17,900/-|
|2.||Fee Per Year||Rs. 5,900/-|
|3.||Registration Fees||Rs. 200|
Read Also :-
- IGNOU BSW Assignment 2021-22 in Hindi and English Download Solved Pdf
- IGNOU BAG Study Material 2022 Check Dispatch Status and Download eBook
IGNOU Syllabus 2022 Latest and Revised Exam Pattern
IGNOU Bachelor of Social Works Syllabus Details
IGNOU BA (Social Works) 1st Semester Syllabus Details
- BHDLA 135 – Hindi Bhasha: Vivid Prayog OR
- BEGLA 135 – English in Daily Life
- BSW 121 – Professional Social Work and its Values
- BSWL 104 – Social Work Practicum – IV
IGNOU BA (Social Works) 2nd Semester Syllabus Details
- BSW 122 – ociety, Social Institutions and Social Problems 6
- BSW 123 – Community Organisation and Communication
- BSWL 105 – Social Work Practicum – V
IGNOU BA (Social Works) 3rd Semester Syllabus Details
- BSW 124 – Human Growth, Behaviour and Counselling
- BSW 125 – Social Case Work and Social Group Work
- BSWL 106 – Social Work Practicum – VI
IGNOU BA (Social Works) 4th Semester Syllabus Details
- BSW 126 – Social Work in Family Setting
- BSW 127 – Public Health and HIV/AIDS
- BSWL 107 – Social Work Practicum – VII
IGNOU BA (Social Works) 5th Semester Syllabus Details
- BSW 128 – Social Policy and Social Development
- BSW 129 – Research Methods in Social Work
- BSWL 108 – Social Work Practicum – VIII
IGNOU BA (Social Works) 6th Semester Syllabus Details
- BSW 130 – Prevention of Substance Abuse
- BSW 131 – Social Welfare Administration and Social Action
- BSWL 109 – Social Work Practicum – IX
Related to IGNOU Bachelor of Social Works Course – Need Help?
Are there any registration fees for the course for Bachelors of Social Works of IGNOU
Yes, there is a registration fee, of Rs. 200 for the course.
If I have passed the BPP exam from IGNOU, can I get admission in BSW course
Yes, candidates who have cleared the BPP exam can get admission in the BSW course
Can a candidate with BA (Social Works) from IGNOU get a job in an NGO or Health Care Centres
Yes, the candidates can get a job in an NGO or Health Care Centre and can even get a job in Hospitals, Private Firms, Educational Hubs Welfare homes etc.
Can I do MSW after doing BCom
Yes, you can do MSW after doing BCom. You can do any Bachelors Degree and can do MSW
Which Management course will be helpful after the BSW course
After doing the BSW course you can do a Hospital Management course in MBA.
Does the big organization as Intel, the UN, or Google hire Social Workers
Yes, big companies even hire social workers
What is the work of a mental health social worker
Mental Health Workers work with people with mental illness. They try to establish their career and help their families and communities to adjust and accept them.